We ask everyone to be mutually respectful of individual and family choices. If you are not comfortable sending your child to school the last week due to this change, please work with your student’s teacher(s) to support completing schoolwork for the year.
Answers to a few questions in regard to lifting the mask mandate:
- Masks are still required at all TCSD schools and facilities until May 24, 2021.
- The Covid-19 Test-to-Participate will still be in effect until June 1, 2021.
- For UHSAA participating activities, they will continue to follow the UHSAA guidelines, (with the governor’s announcement, we anticipate UHSAA will provide updates soon).
- Quarantine and isolation protocols will remain in place indefinitely.
- For high school graduations, we are checking with the venues and health department to see if there will be any changes to graduation, such as mask requirements and capacity limitations. Individual schools will send home information to families with updates before graduation week.
- Masks will not be required for summer programs and unless a new statewide order is initiated, they will not be required next school year, (first day of school is August 24, 2021).
- Dugway School: With Dugway School being on a military installation, these new procedures may not apply. A separate notification will be sent from school administration to the faculty, staff and students at Dugway School with information about the last week of school.
Thank you to our students, faculty and staff for their diligence in following health protocols during the 2020-21 school year. We know this has been a difficult year and your patience and respect for others has been greatly appreciated. As we move forward, we will continue to monitor conditions, follow state health protocols, and seek guidance from our local health department.
-Tooele County School District