DRESS STANDARDS POLICY
Dress should never interfere with the learning environment of a school or prove a hazard to the students’ safety or to the safety of others. Therefore, the following standards apply at Blue Peak High School:
- Hats, visors, or beanies are allowed in the building as long as they do not cover the student’s face. As with all clothing, hats cannot have anything inappropriate such as alcohol advertisements or inappropriate pictures. In addition, hats cannot be gang related. Bandanas and Hoods are not allowed to be worn in the building. Teachers can determine if hats are allowed in their individual classrooms.
- Clothing, badges, jewelry or mode of appearance that denotes gang or cult involvement, or affiliation will not be worn. This includes anything resembling ICP paraphernalia.
- Apparel that poses a concern such as pants sagging below the hips, long hanging belts, spiked clothing, chains, spiked chains or spiked jewelry of any kind will not be worn.
- Clothing with obscene or suggestive images (such as girls in bikinis or lingerie) and/or messages will not be worn.
- Apparel, jewelry or accessories that advertise or advocate drugs, alcohol or tobacco will not be worn or displayed.
- Halter tops, tank tops, sleeveless tops, cropped tops or low cut shirts shall not be worn. Shirts that reveal a bare midriff also will not be worn, including in P.E. class. All shirts must have a sleeve of some sort. Underwear should not be visible at any time.
- Minimum length on shorts, skirts and dresses must be at least to the knee.
- Clothing that is deliberately cut or mutilated immodestly will not be worn. Any holes in the clothing must be at the knee or below unless tights/leggings (not nylons) are worn underneath.
- Hairstyles must not be distracting. The administration will determine if the hairstyle is a distraction in the learning environment.
- Body piercing must be within reason according to administration.
- Clothing that depicts disrespect toward any race, culture, religion or gender will not be allowed.
- Shoes or sandals must be worn at all times. No Slippers.
- Roller blade shoes will not be worn.
- Clothing that depicts criminal activity or violence, such as weapons or violent acts, will not be worn
In Short: Have sleeves and to the knees
The only exception for any of these standards shall be on certain days of activities which are declared exempt by the school administration.